Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sticky Situation


I forgot to tell you the best part!

The EKG lady gave Hosanna a sucker. She's never had a sucker before. I was hoping she'd be a little older before getting one, but we were desperate to finish the test!

Poor baby didn't know what it was and didn't really care, so it didn't help us anyway. Hosanna just held on to it (and wiped it all over me) during the EKG ordeal.

However...


By the time we got down to peds, she had discovered the sugary deliciousness. I let her keep the thing. It was a safety pop after all. She had orange sticky goo all over herself by the time we were called back. As we sat answering family history questions, she proceeded to smear her lovely stickiness all up and down my arms. The nurse says with a sigh and a shake of her head, "EKG always gives them suckers!" Thankfully, she dropped it on the floor while I was taking her shirt off. Oh shucks, we had to throw it away.


And the moral of the story is, don't leave home without baby wipes and lots of 'em!

Photo courtesy of Spangler Candy.

2 comments:

Partyhouse 4 God said...

I am glad that she is fine and that it isn't major! You should really splurge on your children and let them hae suckers!! What do you think the bank is for?

Sharmista said...

Oh trust me, the older 3 get suckers all the time. That is what the bank is for! LOL I just wanted her to get a little older before she started begging for suckers every time we get in the car!