Saturday, February 07, 2009

Hello Lambeau

Like I mentioned yesterday, we took a trip to Green Bay to visit Lambeau Field with Mom & Chuck. Can you believe I'd never been there?? Even though I grew up in Wisconsin, and have been a Packer fan for over 10 years now, I had never been to the Mecca of Packer-land. My dear sweet husband doesn't like football, so it had never been very high on the list of things to do. But my step-dad, Chuck, is a huge Packer fan and he wanted to visit the Packer Hall of Fame. I gladly agreed to go along. It worked out well, actually. Teagan stayed home to get Jade off the bus and got to spend the day in a quiet house talking to far distant lands on the radio. So it was a win-win!

We drove over to Green Bay, getting there just in time for lunch at Olive Garden. The kids were surprisingly well behaved. See?



Isn't this the best picture ever!?

Anyway... after lunch we headed to the stadium. As we approached it, I was filled with awe and the prospect of actually being in Lambeau, the same Lambeau that I see on TV where my beloved Packers actually play! I was like a giddy schoolgirl when we got there, jumping out of the truck and running to take pictures. In fact I took so many pictures that I thought a slideshow was in order...



We got to take the tour of the stadium! We sat in a skybox like a bigwig. We walked The Tunnel. We got to go out on the field. Well, not all the way onto the field - they'll arrest you if you walk on the grass. But we got to look at the grass up close. It was so cool.

After the tour, we went down to the Hall of Fame. There was so much to see, and I was wearing one child, while chasing 2 others, so I didn't see a lot of it. You could spend most of a day there listening, reading, and watching films. We spent most of our visit there in the kids fun area. They have games & activities for the kids, including doing the Lambeau Leap and dressing up like a Packer! Kordell got me to try on a Packer helmet (a kid-size one) but the picture is a little blurry. The highlight of the Hall of Fame (for me anyway) was the trophy room. The history is so thick you can cut it with a knife. I got my picture taken next to the 1996 Lombardi trophy - the one I actually watched them win. How fun is that!?

We had a great day. It was a long one, but fun. I'll take the kids back when they are bigger, or maybe go with grown-ups next time, but I will be back.

1 comment:

Partyhouse 4 God said...

HOW FUN!!!!!! How did you get H- girl on your back?? I just have the sling, but it doesn't tie. How fun to see all your smiling faces and you look soooo good!!