Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wow!

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!

Okay, maybe that's not all. ;-)

We went to a new church today, and I was so impressed. It was a great experience! The people were friendly, the worship was wonderful, the message was good. But most importantly, the breath of God breathed in that church and in those people. It was alive.

We've been going to a dying church for a long time. It used to be alive and thriving, reaching out to others, taking care of its own, being the hands and feet of God in the community. But not anymore. The sad part, it doesn't even know it's dead. I didn't fully realize it until today. Wow, what a difference.

So, needless to say, we will be attending the new church again next week. They have 2 other families (3 children) in the church with autism, and they are happy to work with us regarding Jade. That was such a relief. The "Jade factor" was my biggest fear in finding a new church. But they are really interested in the spiritual health of the autistic child and the family as a whole. It sounds great. We're going to meet with the pastor and find out more, hopefully this week.

I was worried about the change, but I'm so glad we did it. I feel like God led us to this church in particular and I'm praying that we will fit there.

2 comments:

Partyhouse 4 God said...

Which church? I am glad you are finally getting spiritually fed now!!! It's hard being a part of a church that is just surviving and not thriving.

Sharmista said...

Community Church in Stevens Point. :-)