Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Stand in Awe

We have been so blessed this week.

First, Jade has adjusted beautifully to home again. She hasn't asked for the bus or school except for one time when she was mad at me. When it's time for school work, she sits down with Kordell and does the work I ask her to do. My biggest problem is getting her to write on the lines on the paper instead of all willy-nilly across it. Imagine that being my biggest problem. I am absolutely amazed!

Second, an online friend who I have never met in real life blessed us with the money we needed to surrender the cats to the Humane Society. $75 is a ton of money for us right now, and to be blessed in that way was so amazing. The kittens will be surrendered tomorrow. I am praying that we will be able to find/catch/corral Mama Kitty in the morning... she hasn't been around as much lately and is very grumpy.

Third, we got a dishwasher! At last, modern convenience comes to our house. LOL My dad & stepmom had a portable for years, but when they moved this summer the new house had a built-in. So they gave us their portable. We finally got possession of it last Saturday. What a blessing to get a dishwasher at the end of my pregnancy!! Now I will be able to keep up with the kitchen despite feeling terrible.

Fourth, my son can be taught!!! Kordell has been so very helpful the last week with very little attitude. This is a major miracle for my "stubborn buffalo" child. ;-)

Overall, we have been so totally blessed by the Lord lately. Even though we feel tired and sore and sometimes discouraged, God is providing all of these encouragements for us. Blessed be the Lord God Almighty!

3 comments:

revjac said...

Hi Honey,

I am so thrilled to hear about all these wonderful blessings. It's good to see prayers being answered. Praise God!

I wonder if part of Kordell's willingness to learn could stem from Jade's presence? Perhaps he felt some jealousy b/c Jade got to go off to school and he didn't. That has changed and now he is BMOC, so to speak. I'm just glad, for both of your sakes, that he is adjusting so well to having Jade home from school.

Love,
Mom

Partyhouse 4 God said...

Are you keeping Ruby's kitten or are they all going? Let me know if I can help with anything.

Sharmista said...

No, all the kitties had to go. :-(