Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You've GOT to be Kidding Vol. 2

I thought our run-in with impetigo a week ago was bad. But it got even more interesting. Friday Hosanna came down with a full body rash. I didn't know if it was a reaction from the new soap I used on her or something else. Not wanting to take chances with my baby, I headed to Urgent Care. While I was there, the school called. Jade had a fever of 102. Teagan had to call everyone we know and bum a ride to go get her. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong with Hosanna, must have been the soap.

Saturday Jade was still spiking high fevers. I was concerned about a reaction to the antibiotic, so Teagan took her to Urgent Care. It wasn't a reaction. They had no idea what it was. But they did take her off the anti-b and give her a cream instead. No more bribery! Yay!

I thought we were in the clear.

Sunday during church, Ruby came down with a fever. It got worse through the day, and Monday she had a sore throat to go along with it. We had planned to go see my grandma in the hospital on Monday, but instead Teagan took Ruby to Urgent Care. They couldn't find anything wrong with her. But she couldn't eat or drink for the sore throat and the fever was still bad. We started to get really worried. The kid has to eat & drink. We had a long night, but this morning she woke up, ate a couple of biscuits, drank some juice, and went outside to ride her bike.

Praise the Lord!! I thought we were going to end up back at UC for an IV, but she is back to her normal self. Thanks be to God for His healing hand!

I did end up going to see Grandma. Kordell, Hosanna & I went. She is doing okay and leaving the hospital today for the nursing home.

1 comment:

Partyhouse 4 God said...

No, the kids weren't kidding, they just want to see if you would run faster if they said they were sick. I think they had a heating blanket under their pillow to raise their temp (Ferris Buller's day off) =)